Thursday, July 17, 2008

A Week Up North

Park Rapids, MN - a quaint town about 9 hours northeast of here. Sounds like a long trip, but somehow the ride to & from went pretty quickly. Reading that last sentence sounds strange...especially considering we had a very active 11 month old with us. Will did amazingly well for such a long trip. It helped that he still takes 2 naps during the day, so that broke up.

Will and I road-tripped it up there with Dave's sister, Kristin. She was a huge help along the way - feeding him and reading him tons of books in the backseat. There's no way I could've done it without you, Kris - thanks so much!!!

Another help was our recent purchase of a portable DVD player...my parents gave us money towards one for Christmas last year, and we figured this would be a great trip to test it out for the first time. Now for those of you thinking we just popped in one movie after another, that wasn't the case...I'm very happy to say he only watched 30 minutes on the way up, and at most 1 hour on the way home. I thought that was pretty darn good if I do say so myself ;-)

Dave's parents arrived a few days before us. We stay in a cabin on a lake, and it was great to be back, 'cause it had been a few years since Dave and I were able to join the rest of the fam. Dave came up for a long weekend. We did a lot of relaxing...eating...napping...eating...shopping. Did I mention eating :-) The weather was great - a lot cooler and less humid than Omaha which was welcomed!

As I've mentioned previously, Will loves the water, so he thought hanging out on the beach was great - loved the sand, too. We also went on some boat rides and did some fishing, but it was a little chilly to ski or tube last week.














Eagle Bay Lodge
































Jumping with Aunt Kristin




















On the boat with Grandpa













4 comments:

the deKorne family said...

Such cute pictures! Looks like you had a really fun time. And I'm jealous that he did so well in the car...I'm hoping my next baby will do that. This one does NOT! :) Thanks for sharing!

Christina said...

that looks like a really nice vacation!! will is so cute! i am also jealous that will is good in the car. makenna's best personality does not come out in the car seat :)

MP said...

yeah for a great trip!! I love all the pictures. I am glad you guys had fun. I can't wait to catch up with you.

Abby said...

Looks like you had a great time! We have a DVD player in our car too and I'm shocked you got away with using it less that 2 hours for an 18 hour car ride! Way to go! Even with the DVD player, Maguire does not do well on long car rides...and by "long" I mean more than 20 minutes :)