Friday, November 7, 2008

The First "Official" Haircut

I must confess this is not Will's first haircut, although it is the first professional one ;-) I attempted to trim portions of it myself (the scraggly pieces that kept falling over his ears and the back where there was evidence of a baby mullet). I thought his high chair would be a good place - he couldn't move too much, right? Or so I thought. Every time I tried to snip from behind he would move his head from side to side trying to figure out what I was doing, and I cut some pretty pathetic looking hair!

My friend Heidi has done my hair pretty much since I first moved here and has always does a great job. Will came along with me this past week when I had mine done, and Dave met us over the lunch hour to help. As you'll see, I purposely avoided being in the pictures because Heidi had just finished putting my head in foils, so hence Dave wearing the pretty smock with hot pink trim...thanks for being such a good sport, honey ;-)

Heidi did a great job despite her squirmy client. Will wasn't very excited, but I couldn't blame the little guy, 'cause he was feeling under the weather that day.

































When we got home, I plopped Will in the leaves for a couple photos, and then one of our neighbors came over to snap a few of the two of us together...

5 comments:

Lianne said...

I think both your and Will's hair do's look great! :) I love the pictures! I still can't believe we're both moms...sometimes it seems like just yesterday that we were kids ourselves...:)

The Moser Fam... said...

the pictures of you and him in the leaves are so good...what a cute pair you are!

MP said...

ahh..i love the photos of you guys. I am glad he survived his first official-professional haircut!! :)

Abby said...

Darling pics! Haircuts are tough on little guys--at least there was no blood! (yes, we've drawn blood on Maguire--oops!) I love the pics of you and Will in the leaves!!

Ben and Erin said...

What a big day! I'm impressed you even attempted to cut Will's haircut by yourself. I'd be too scared. :) He looks so cute sitting in his chair getting his haircut. I love the pictures of you two in the leaves too. Beautiful!