Wednesday, January 28, 2009

These Are a Few of My Favorite Things

Okay, so as my previous blog title stated, I'm in "catch-up" mode. I'm way behind on updating this blog, so please bear with me as I try to sum up the happenings with us in the Perkins household. I didn't even so much post a re-cap of our Christmas, so here goes. It was great...very relaxing to say the least, as we didn't do any traveling. Of course I missed not being with my side of the family, although I was able to see some of them in Chicago back in mid-December.

It was nice to stay put in Omaha and have others come our direction :) All of Dave's family was here in Omaha over the course of about a week. Thanks to Dave's mom, we had lots and lots of good eats and time to hang out with the fam. When Dave's sister Kristin comes into town, we often spend a few nights out at his parent's house so we can spend more time together. This works out especially well because that way we can all hang out even after Will goes to bed.

Being that Will is the only grandchild so far, he gets quite spoiled with attention AND gifts, to say the least. I've attached a few photos of our Christmas at Dave's parent's house:


















"I don't think there are enough presents under the tree."



















































Watching "I Love Lucy" with Aunt Kristin













Will loves his Daddy.















The next couple photos were taken a few days later, back at our house. Will was having so much fun playing with all of his new toys. I think he caught on pretty quickly this year...Christmas is fun :) I'm sure by next year he'll have even more appreciation for it!



























Will's first "John Deere"

2 comments:

MP said...

i love how he is not wearing pants in his picture. totally something cade would do. it looks like he got alot of neat things! And..there is nothing wrong witha little spoiling! :)

Ben and Erin said...

I'm glad you are back to blogging. It's good to catch up with what you guys have been doing. :) Looks like you had a good Christmas and Will enjoyed his. Very fun! I can't believe how grown-up he's looking. It happens too fast!