Saturday, May 9, 2009

A Heart of Thanks

I am so grateful that the Lord blessed me with the gift of being a mom. All those cliches are true...words cannot express the joy that children bring. But for as thankful as I am, my heart can't help but think of those I know who so desperately want to experience being a mother as well; and also for those who have lost children. I cannot even begin to comprehend the pain of losing a child, or even the deep longing to have a child and wonder why the Lord has not allowed it up to this point. My thoughts and prayers are with you, my dear friends.

It's hard to believe that this is already my 2nd mother's day with Will. I thought his first year flew by, but time has only gone faster the older he gets. I had some time to think on this while potting flowers this morning. Dave had to fly out this afternoon for a work trip, so rather than going to church and skipping out early so he could rush off to the airport, we decided to go to a different sort of church called, Starbucks :) I was bummed at first that we'd be missing church, but I'll be honest - it was nice to have a laid-back morning and not run around like mad. After our healthy (eh hem) breakfast at Starbucks, we came back home and Will helped Dave mow the lawn while I potted some of my flowers. I loved being able to spend some time outside with my two favorite boys. Will looked so proud to be helping Dave. I did get some footage on our video camera, but I'm going to be lazy and upload a similar video from my phone that I took last week:

To say that Will enjoys playing outside is an understatement. This boy would be outside all day long if we let him. He loves to point out every squirrel and rabbit that comes within 100 feet of him; every bird, airplane, and helicopter that flies overhead; and every car, truck, bus or motorcycle that whizzes by. Currently his favorite activities are pushing his bubble lawnmower around the yard and playing with his trucks. I'm thankful he still likes going for runs in the jogging stroller, too...he often pushes it out of the garage and starts climbing in to inform me that he's ready to go. We frequently end up at the park, so I'm guessing that has something to do with it, too.

Some of you are already aware, while others are not, but I figured what better day than Mother's Day to mention that we're expecting babo #2. I'm about 15 weeks along, which means I'm due around November 3rd. We're excited, and so far I've been feeling pretty good. Below are a few more pics of my little man :)







I actually succeeded in getting Will to look at me while taking a photo.
















A typical boy playing with trucks...accompanied by grass stains and holes in the knees of his jeans.












My sad attempt at a self-portrait of Will & me

2 comments:

Christina said...

he is such a cutie (i mean handsome) little man! he is growing up so quickly :)

tim and kristi said...

congrats on baby number 2! glad that you are feeling well. i have been thinking it was around the corner. :) great news to hear!