Monday, April 26, 2010

Various Happenings & Updates



Seems like we've been living our life full-speed ahead these days...I gotta get back on this blogging track. One very exciting piece of news is that my sister-in-law, Kristin got engaged a couple weeks ago! I was extremely honored that she asked me to be her maid-of-honor (which I guess technically I would be considered the matron-of-honor...is it just me or does that just sound old?). She and her fiance, Dan are planning to get married this coming October, so it's been fun to be part of all the wedding planning and very important decisions that are currently being made for their brief 6-month engagement :)

My younger brother, Scott came to visit this past weekend, and we had a great time. It was the first time he was able to meet Graham, so that was really fun. Will was excited to see him...for a few days leading up to his arrival, Will would wake up saying, "Uncle Scott coming...2 more days!" Scott graduated from college back in December, and took a job in Michigan, so we weren't able to see him when we visited the rest of my family last month. We had a great time just bumming around. Thanks for coming, Scott - hope to see you again, soon!











































I feel terrible that I haven't given many updates concerning Graham lately. It's hard to believe that he'll be 6 months old next week. In some ways it seems like the time has flown by, but in other ways it seems like he was born yesterday. He was having a tough time gaining weight for a period of time, but it seems as though he's finally catching up. I take him in for his 6-month checkup on May 12th, so I'm anxious to see how much he's gained. He has turned into quite the little giggle monster, and most times is a very happy baby. Unfortunately he came down with a little bug of some kind as of yesterday, but he is sleeping fairly well regardless, so we're praying he gets over it quickly; and of course praying Will doesn't catch it from him!


























Will was sick a few weeks ago, and I thought it was practically a miracle that Graham didn't get sick, because they've gotten to be pretty close, those two brothers. I love to watch them interact and make each other laugh...it makes my day to see them getting along so well. I suppose I better enjoy it now, because I'm sure that'll change at some point down the road ;-) Will is a wonderful older brother - always so concerned when Graham is upset, and loves to hold him and give him hugs and kisses...melts my heart!













We've got a busy summer up ahead. Dave is traveling with his good friend, Rob to Peru for a week at the end of May. Rob is very adventurous and certainly more of a risk-taker than my dear husband. I asked Rob to please bring Dave home in one piece ;-) I'm sure they'll have lots of fun stories to tell upon their return, but in the meantime, if you think to pray for their safe travels I'd appreciate it. Dave's parents are going to Africa on a missions trip in mid-May, so pray for them, too, when they come to mind! I'm excited to report, that , have a trip to look forward to as well. I'm heading back down to Destin with 2 girlfriends for a long weekend in June, and we'll be staying with my parents - we can't wait! The boys will be at home with Dave's mom during the week days, and of course Dave will be with them at night. Although I love being a mommy of two, I must admit I'm very much looking forward to a little break in the routine :) The plan is to come back relaxed, refreshed, well-read, with sand in my flip-flops and the sound of the ocean ringing in my ears, and tan ;-)

Here's a short video of Graham's first time in the swing...as evidence by his giggle, he loved it!

1 comment:

Christina said...

it sounds like things are going really well!!! the kids are adorable! thanks for the update. you were missed :)