Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Did You Miss Us? 'Cause We Missed YOU :)


In typical fashion, I've allowed too much time pass since my last post, so I'm feeling waaaaaay behind. I'm not going to attempt to recount every moment since the last blog, but I will most likely bombard you with pictures, so I'll let the images do the talking. My apologies for the overload!

Here goes nothin'...

We made our first trip to Destin as a family of 5 in early December for my brother's wedding. The ceremony was on December 10th in a beautiful outdoor location. Given the fact it was only a 3-month engagement, it was pretty special that so much of our family was able to make the trip (especially considering everyone had to fly)! Almost all of my mom's side of the family made it, my dad's family was represented, Cassie's family, and even Dave's parents made the trip. Since it was so close to Christmas, we were able to make the most of our time there, and had a celebration with our family for the holidays as well. My parents rented a beach house, and a lot of the family slept there, and we all hung out at the house together during the days. The ceremony was beautiful, and the officiants were my Uncle Ken and his son, Wayne...they did a great job!





my little brother is getting hitched!

















My parents with the groom :)










Dave and the "good news boys" with my brothers











Will & Graham walking down the aisle











Nana & Pop congratulating the happy couple











isn't the setting amazing?! that tree is over 200 years old!











Scott & Cassandra















































ceremony...check. now time to party :)











Dave's parents chattin' it up with Nana & Pop














Papaw & Graham


























































Nana and me at the beach house












the view...doesn't get any better than that.











Mom and Macy














Cassie and Macy










Upon returning home to Omaha, we celebrated Christmas with Dave's family. It was full of R&R, as we bunked at their house for the weekend. Dave's sister, Kristin, and her husband, Dan are due at the end of this month with their first baby...pretty cool to think that they'll have a 9-month old next Christmas :)




A friend of ours invited our kiddos to a birthday party for Jesus...it was so cute!











Macy's "very merry" tutu dress from Gigi



























































Macy's first Christmas













Dave reading the Christmas story


































having fun with Daddy at Grammy & Grandpa's




























such good friends...what a blessing!



























Grammy & Macy













Grandpa & Macy

























love that profile












No comments: