Sunday, August 24, 2008

The John Deere is VERY exciting!

There is no doubt that Mr. Will is all boy! To give you a few examples, he loves to throw things down stairs, destroy towers
built of blocks, throw his mini-basketball into Hank's water dish, watch Dave mow the lawn, and my personal favorite...he laughs SO HARD when Dave belches! I'm serious when I say that they have a secret language consisting of several bodily functions (eh-hem). If Dave belches, Will looks over at him with a big grin and they both laugh really hard. If Will belches, he looks over at Dave as if to ask, "Did you hear that, Dad?!" Now what makes this even more humorous, is if I belch. Even if it's one that I think is pretty darn good, Will won't even so much as acknowledge it. I could be holding him when I do it, and he won't even look at me or react in anyway...this is how I know it truly is a "guy thing." Pretty funny, if you ask me!

Will loves his dad, that's for sure. Perhaps it's because I spend the majority of my days with Will and he's just used to having me around, but when Dave comes home after being gone for awhile, Will gets super excited. His eyes light up when Dave walks around the corner and usually starts jumping while making a sound which resembles a squeal of some sort ;-) I love to watch those encounters...they never get old!






































3 comments:

the deKorne family said...

He is absolutely precious! What is it about kids and their dads!? Ava loves Mark and he trumps me every time, too-which is actually fine wth me. :) Hope it stays that way in a few weeks when I'm a little more busy!

Ben and Erin said...

These pictures of Will are so cute! I love the one where he's standing on his tippy-toes watching Dave! Too cute! :) I thought your story about the belching was really funny too. Classic boys! I didn't realize it started so young. ;)

Abby said...

Oh I can so relate! It's hard to be jealous when you know the relationship between father and son is so important, huh? Truly adorable pics of Will! I'm sure he and Maguire would make fast friends if ever given the chance :) Oh, and we have a John Deere, which Mac loves to ride with Kyle (with earplugs, of course!), but Ashlyn runs away with her hands over her ears if she's ever outside while Kyle's cutting the grass!