Tuesday, September 2, 2008

1st Birthday Party (Labor Day weekend)


We had a great Labor Day weekend celebrating Will's first birthday. My parents drove (yes, drove!) up from Florida, and Dave's sister also drove up from Kansas. Everyone came over to our house on Saturday evening to eat dinner and open presents. We kept the event simple and low-key, which was perfect. We grilled salmon and for dessert...cake, of course! My mom even put together treat bags :-)

Will shared his celebration with the Huskers...it was their first game of the season (as well as Bo's debut as Head Coach) and they swept Western Michigan 47-24, so Dave was a happy camper ;-) I'm sure Dave is beaming with pride that I added this info to the blog :-)
Unfortunately we started the cake & present-opening festivities a little too late...Will was quite tired once we finally got around to it. I've never heard of a kid not liking birthday cake, but to say Will didn't like it wouldn't do his reaction justice. We're thinking he'll probably be a neat freak because he hated the fact that he got frosting on his hands and couldn't get it off. In fact, he practically panicked! He started flailing his arms and frosting got on the walls and everything. Poor little guy was so tired and upset but we couldn't stop laughing, which probably exacerbated the situation. We do have video, but I'm apparently doing something wrong, 'cause I can't figure out how to get it uploaded to this darn blog. I would love some pointers from any readers!!!

Here are some photos of the evening (the first being my personal favorite that Kristin captured of Will with his cake)...that expression is priceless!


4 comments:

the deKorne family said...

Oh he is so precious! Looks like you had a grea time...so glad! You are a gorgeous family-I love your shirt!

Christina said...

happy birthday will!!! i can't believe he is one already. these kids are growing up too quickly.

MP said...

love the shirt (wink.wink.) I am sorry we missed each other. I will try you again this week. I love these pictures. It looks like you guys had a great time!!

Christina said...

wow pointers...i am still working on that :) i prefer "thinking time" for one minute. that is my preference. jeff thinks we need to be stricter. we have a spot in our house that she sits in for her "thinking time."