Monday, September 15, 2008

Spiders, spiders everywhere!!!

Just in case some of you were unaware, I have a severe dislike for spiders, or anything even RESEMBLING a spider!! I may be extreme, but I don't even like watching crabs crawl on the beach because their movements so closely emulate a spider's! I have a keen eye for those creepy crawlers...I can spot them a mile away!

I don't know if I'm becoming increasingly more sensitive to them, or if they really are more prevalent this year, but I have seen a lot of them around lately. I often run early in the morning with Will in the jogging stroller and am a little apprehensive about jogging on the sidewalks in our neighborhood because of all the big trees - I've run through some webs before and it freaks me out! I'm not sure what kind of spiders these are, but here are a few photos of one I spotted in our front yard the other day...these are the kind I've seen a lot of lately and I think they're ICKY looking!

5 comments:

Christina said...

you are too funny. i actually have an issue with rats. i can't believe i used to own a hamster. the only insect we get at our house are spiders! we haven't exterminated in a few years so i have become quite good at getting the spider to walk on a paper towel and take them outside :)

Scott Conroy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Scott Conroy said...

That appears to be a Arachnabifididus Familiorious Gregarian of the Astoian Family. It tends to be an eccentric and friendly spider, often seen waving to passer-buyers.

The downside to this spider is its tendency to listen to loud rap music and/or Disco Jams into the wee hours of the morning.

MP said...

okay seriously that is hysterical..because you took some great photos for a person who is afraid of spiders. I need to get a better camera! btw..you are it!

ZFam said...

Those are really good pictures. Ha~ glad you braved getting within eyes-sight of them. I'm not freaked out too badly by spiders...but, anything with 4 legs does freak me out, so I feel for you!

OH, and PS...LOVE the new stripes on the background!!