Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Anniversary #6...is it really possible?!

I'll start this blog with a simple question: At what point do you finally come to the realization you're getting old? Is it when people ask how old you are and you hesitate because you honestly can't remember? Or is it when someone asks how long you've been out of college and you respond, "Not that long...two or three, oh wait...umm."?! It's so true what people say - time flies! I remember our wedding day as if it were yesterday and now we're inching closer to a decade!

Dave and my 6th year anniversary was this past Sunday, September 7th. It truly does not seem possible, but I think it really hit me this weekend when we attended the wedding of a friend on the 6th. Many people asked us, "How long have you guys been married now?" Gulp...6 years!

I remember thinking I had life pretty well figured out the moment we walked down that aisle (HA!). Funny how life goes by and you realize how much more you have to learn. I love being a full-time wife and mom, and am so thankful the Lord has blessed me with such a wonderful, fun, supportive, God-fearing husband.

It's amazing to look back and think about all we've experienced together since we started dating at Taylor back in February of 2001; and equally exciting to think what the Lord might have in store for our futures. We pray that he gives us many more years together!

4 comments:

ZFam said...

You two are adorable!! And congrats on your 6 wonderful years!

So, to answer a couple of your questions..Yes, JD is walking...and climbing everything (he literally crawled OUT of his crib and up onto the kitchen table all this week...he seriously is going to kill himself..or me..before this is all over!!=) anyways, life is getting more adventure-some...but, he is also learning (even in the past week or two) to listen and obey a little more--he has started to sign a few words, and is now saying "ball" (go figure!)

As for posting a YouTube video on your blog--it's pretty easy. One, you can hit the little video button (next to the picture button) and let it upload there without going to YouTube--but you are limited on space for that. To upload from YouTube, just copy the HTML code from YouTube and then on your page you compose your blog message, click the button at the top right hand side that says "Edit HTML", paste it in there, then go back to the compose or preview button to finish up your blog entry. Sometimes it shows up, sometimes it's a blank square, but it always shows up fine on the blog for me

GOOD LUCK!! can't wait to see that little guy in action=) He's adorable!!

Courtney said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Molly said...

Congrats on 6 years, Court and Dave! :) Hope all is well in your world.

brianandcourt said...

Congrats on #6! I was thinking about "being old" the other day. Maybe it's the fact that I have 2 kids. Maybe it's because I remember freshman year at TU like it was last week, and it has really been 11 years. Maybe it's that the kids I worked with my first year at Campus Life are now taking college visits. Maybe it's realizing that my girls are more important than a new pair of jeans...or shoes.

I'm not sure. But if you figure it out, let me know!