Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Cabin+Will = Fun

When I was pregnant with Will, Dave's parents purchased a cabin on a lake about 45 minutes South of Omaha. Although the summer months are busy, we try to spend as much time out there as possible.

Because of all the wonderful memories for me as a child with my family's lake house in Michigan, I was excited for Will and our future children to have similar experiences growing up. Last summer he wasn't quite old enough to appreciate everything the cabin has to offer, but it's been fun to watch him enjoy it this year. Will has always loved the water, so you can only imagine his excitement whenever we tell him we're going to the cabin. We often take the boat or waverunner for spins around the lake, but Will's current favorite activity by far is cruising around the lake in the golf cart...he loves to help us drive. And somehow he always has a way of convincing us to take a detour to the park ;-)

This past weekend Dave went to DC to visit a friend, so Will and I decided to spend a portion of the weekend at the cabin with Grammy & Grandpa. Any chance he has to be outside he'll take it. My last post included pictures at our house of Will helping me water my flowers. He wanted to do the same for Grammy at the cabin this weekend, so below are some shots from that.


























































Since I wasn't in the mood to get into a swimsuit this weekend and take Will in the lake (being 6+ months pregnant has nothing to do with that!), we decided to get a pool for him instead. This particular pool came with a motorized whale that spits water out of its spout...Will thought it was pretty fun. The video was taken on my phone, so not the best quality, but it's better than nothing.

1 comment:

MP said...

so cute. I want to eat him up!! I love how he likes to water the plants. That is one of Cade's favorite things! :)