Sunday, August 16, 2009

Confessions of a Blogger

Did you all give up on me? I was telling one of my fellow blogger friends at church this morning that I go in waves when it comes to blogging...once I fall behind, I get overwhelmed and therefore continue putting off the daunting task of updating. And so goes the cycle. So there you have my confession. With that said, I'm once again way overdue, and not sure where to begin, but I guess I'll post a more recent "event" and work backwards...does that go against blogging rules?!

As most of you are well aware, we have been in the process of moving. We officially moved into our new house about a month ago, and thankfully had my mom here for almost 2 whole weeks throughout the transition. She was a HUGE help (thanks, Mom!!) in getting us settled in, but we still have quite a bit to do. The challenge is that we haven't had much time at home on week nights OR weekends because we've had so much going on. We are remodeling a bathroom and need to make all of our final selections this week so we can get the ball rolling - I want to have it done before our little dude arrives!

I have tried to spend as much time as possible outside with Will the last few days. With everything we've had on our plates, I started to feel guilty that he wasn't getting enough time to be a kid. Poor guy has been toted all around town looking at so many exciting things such as tile, paint, sinks, faucets, tubs, toilets and the like.

Something we love about our new house that we didn't have at our other one is a flat driveway! Previously we had a fairly steep drive which didn't allow us much opportunity to play in the front yard. The other day we were enjoying hanging out on our beautifully flat, 2-car wide driveway, and I decided to snap a few photos.
































Apparently Will was thirsty and thought he could get a drink from the fire hose :)



















Such a great helper :)

Thanks for bearing with me...I'll be back soon...promise!

2 comments:

ProudMom said...

Good to hear from you! I'm an inconsistent blogger also...:) I'm anxious to see more pictures of the new house. When are you due? We need some belly pictures too! :)

Ben and Erin said...

Glad to hear you are back. Congrats on the new house too. I'm sure it's a lot of work, but fun too, to see it all come together. Can't wait to see more pics and hear more stories from you. :)