Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Fun with Gigi

Thanks to my dad's willingness to be a bachelor, my mom has been here 2 separate times within the last 2 months. The first was timed very well, as she stayed with us during the transition into our new home, and was here for two weeks. She came yet again for almost two weeks and went home this past Saturday. Dave had been traveling a lot for work, so I "begged" her to stay with Will and me. We fit in a lot of fun, but also got some things accomplished around the house. This was especially nice for me as I'm now officially in full nesting mode :)








Lunch with Gigi & Grammy























































I realized that once again, I'm way behind on this blog. I figured I better get back on the blogging streak before li'l Graham shows up, lest I'll have even more to update. Hard to believe he could be here anytime within the next month. Everyone's been asking me if I'm excited...excited, yes; ready, hmmm not sure how to answer that. Of course I'm excited and ready to meet him, but I'm a bit apprehensive about experiencing the whole infant stage again. For the most part Will is pretty easy these days, and more independent as time goes on. I'll be honest - I appreciate my sleep, and those first few months I feel like a zombie most of the time. Hopefully Graham will be more laid-back than Will was as an infant. Based on how much more active Graham's been in the womb, though, I'm not holding my breath!














We were able to squeeze in a visit to the zoo while my mom was in town. Will had been several other times before, but didn't show much interest until this last time. I think it helped that it wasn't insanely hot and overcrowded, but I was impressed with how well he did. We were there for 4 hours and he did not want to leave!









Watching the silly monkeys.

































Bees!











He especially enjoyed the petting zoo :)

4 comments:

Christina said...

u look awesome!!! good luck in the final month! it flies by fast :)

ProudMom said...

So good to see your updates! Just as a note of encouragement, Sadie was my most active in utero...but she slept through the night earlier than either of my boys...She's been my most cuddly, easy going kid so far...I hope that's true with your little Graham as well! :)

the deKorne family said...

agreed-never felt ava, and kaiya didn't go 10 minutes without moving...totally opposite of their personalities! kaiya is a mover, but great baby, great sleeper, so cuddly. i think the 2nd one always is a little easier. can't wait to see that beautiful boy!

The Moser Fam... said...

You look so great! Such a pretty girl! :) Natalie was a total crazy baby in the womb, but much more laid back than her big brother upon arrival! I kind of think that the parents tend to be more laid back with the second one too..which rubs off! :) Anyway, glad you could have your mom visit and help out. Will is so cute and going to be a great big brother. Looking forward to seeing pictures of your little one soon!