Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Guessing Occupations


Recently Dave and I were talking about how it would be fun to make guesses every year what we think Will and Graham will do occupationally someday, based on their personalities and giftings. I still haven't exactly decided what I think Will will be, but generally-speaking, I'm thinking it will be something administrative...or perhaps accounting. All I know is that he is a very orderly individual. Likes to have everything in its place, and gets a little bent out of shape if things are not.

A couple recent examples...one night last week while I was getting him ready for bed, I moved a picture frame from his dresser to his bedside table. In it was a photo of he and my mom, and in my mind I thought he'd like having it close by. He kept asking me to put it back on the dresser, so I tried explaining to him why I thought it was a good idea to keep it next to his bed. Mistake. Apparently that didn't make sense to him since it was clearly out of place. He seriously would not go to bed until I moved it. Sorry, Will, I was really out of line, there ;-) In the words of my friend, Wendy (her 1st born is very similar), "Bend a little!"

Will has always hated being messy. If he even has a speck of food on his face, paint on his hands, or heaven-forbid a piece of hair anywhere other than on his head, he asks us to "help." For those of you who have followed this blog for a while, you might recall his 1st birthday party. When he put his hands in the cake, he hated that the frosting got all over and couldn't get it off...he started crying and shaking his arms and cake flung all over our walls. I laugh just thinking about it!

Several months ago, Dave's parents brought over all of Dave's old Matchbox cars & trucks for Will. Ever since then, those have been his favorite things to play with. He has been lining them up like a train, and sometimes they're 20+ cars long. He then puts them all through his car wash.


















And Graham, well, currently I think he's going to be an engineer. He's studies the inner-workings of everything...always trying to figure out how they work.

5 comments:

Christina said...

i think about what my kids will do too!!! that is so funny! i wonder if you will be right!

MP said...

love this post!! I haven't thought about that alot. Makes me wonder..!! :):)

the deKorne family said...

so cute. ava is SERIOUSLY neurotic about bedtime. if one thing is moved, drawer is cracked open, or extra toy in her room, she goes crazy. weird. i'm the furthest thing from that! funny how they end up being their own person no matter what. :)

The Moser Fam... said...

I wonder if it is a firstborn thing, because Ben is JUST like you described Will to be. If I move a picture frame or a drawer is open or ANYTHING is out of it's normal place then he notices and requests that it be moved back to it's original location promptly! How funny!? Ben loves to line up his cars and take them through a pretend car wash too. Little boys are so funny and cute! :)

Matt and Abby said...

I'm a tad jealous that Will likes things clean....Hannah is the messiest eater ever. Even other people say so. We will have to make sure Will and Hannah don't get married:)