Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Monkeys' Uncles


My two brothers, Buzz and Scott came to visit us in Omaha this weekend, and we had a great time having them around. My older brother, Buzz had the trip scheduled on his calendar for several weeks, but Scott called last week and said he wanted to come, too, so we were thrilled to have them both here at the same time. I honestly can't remember the last time the three of us were under the same roof at the same time.



We enjoyed just being home and having Will and Graham spend some quality time with their cool uncles :) We spent Labor Day with Dave's family on the lake riding the wave runner and hanging out with Kristin's soon-to-be in laws. We loved taking advantage of the nice weather for yet another weekend, and hope it sticks around a while longer...I'm so not ready to kiss it good-bye!! Don't get me wrong, I love the Fall, but very much dislike the looooong winters! Buzz took off on Tuesday morning, then Scott and I walked the boys up the road from our house, and enjoyed eating lunch outside.






























































































































Tuesday, the 7th also happened to be Dave and my anniversary...hard to believe 8 years have come and gone so quickly. It was about a year ago that our favorite band, Over the Rhine was here, so several weeks ago I scouted out their tour dates and realized they were going to be in Omaha on our anniversary! Dave and I dined at our favorite little local restaurant, then Scott met up with us for the concert...he also happens to be a fan of OTR, so he was pretty excited that they were in town while he was here. They put on a great show, and their talent and versatility never ceases to amaze me.





here i am stalking their trailer












Scott jet set back up North to Michigan yesterday morning, and now we're looking forward to our next visitor on Saturday...my mom :)

3 comments:

the deKorne family said...

happy anniversary! you are adorable, as is your monkey. :) love seeing posts from you!

The Moser Fam... said...

Looks like so much fun with your brothers! I'm sure your boys had fun hanging out with all the big boys! Happy Anniversary and glad you enjoyed the concert!

Ben and Erin said...

Sounds like a great time with your family. Glad you all had a good anniversary too! I love the picture of you stalking their trailer. :) Your little boys are just precious and I love their big smiles!