Monday, October 25, 2010

Time to Kiss Singlehood Goodbye, Kris!

Dave's sister (or shall I say, one of my best friends?), Kristin is getting married in t-minus 5 days. It hasn't really sunk in yet, as we've all been in the planning stage for so many months, but we're very excited for her and Dan. They're a great match, and Dan's a fun addition to the family :)

As her matron-of-honor (is it just me, or does the word, "matron" sound old-maidish?) I had the privilege of planning her bachelorette party. Luckily for me, she didn't want the "typical" bachelorette party (whew!), so I was able to be a little bit more creative in the planning process. Since the major theme of Kristin's wedding is romantic vintage, I ran with that...everything vintage.













We began the night with all the girls meeting at our house, then ventured off to do a little shopping. Following our shopping spree, we went to a fabulous restaurant and ordered pretty much every appetizer on the menu. I reserved one of their quaint rooms, and we all stuffed our faces with amazing food. We concluded the evening back at our house for a round of desserts.
I particularly like Kristin's hat in this photo.
anyone else obsessed with hydrangeas? LOVE these flowers!!
We're so excited for you, Kris...you're going to make an amazing wife. Dan's a lucky man...and we think he's a pretty cool dude, too ;-) I can't wait for your big day...you're going to be a beautiful bride!!

4 comments:

Christina said...

i need to plan a bachelorette party too! where did u get those invites?

also, i would love to see a photo tour of your house. it looks amazing!!!

Courtney said...

i actually made them myself, Christina...if you want the file, i'd be more than happy to send it to you. it's in photoshop, but if you don't have that program, just send it to a print shop, and they can make changes for you.

Dara said...

Awww so sweet. One day you can plan a Bachelorette party for me :). Hopefully, before were 40.

Jillian said...

I love these invites Courtney! Do you still have the file? If so, and you wouldn't mind, I'd love a copy! Thanks!