Friday, December 17, 2010

1 Week and Counting

We are thoroughly enjoying the sights and sounds of Christmas around here. Will has been anticipating this for months, and has been convinced since August that he's been seeing Christmas lights while driving at night. Thankfully the time is finally here, and we don't have to keep explaining to him that Christmas is still several months away!! I love seeing the anticipation on kids faces, though...makes me wish I was a kid all over again.

On a couple occasions we have gone through McDonald's drive-through, picked up dinner and ate it in the car while driving around looking at lights...Will thinks that's pretty much the coolest thing ever (especially when Daddy takes him, because he'll even get them a chocolate milkshake to share). Christmas songs are pretty much playing around-the-clock at our house on Pandora, and even though I'm way behind on my shopping, I think I have my to-do list sorted out...somewhat :/

I finally got my Christmas cards off in the mail, and even though you won't be able to see the full effect of the metallic paper I printed them on, I included the file so you could have a sneak peek at the card :)

Thinking back to this time last year when we were still in the hospital with Will after his scary seizure ordeal, we are so incredibly grateful that we are not spending our week before Christmas in the ICU! We praise God for 2 healthy, growing boys, and although our life seems somewhat chaotic at times, we are falling more and more in love with Will and Graham every day. We feel so blessed that the Lord chose us to be their parents, and pray for another healthy year for all of us! The older we get, the more we realize what a gift health is, and not to take it for granted.

On that note, we are praising God for another blessing...we're expecting baby #3 next summer. I'm almost 12 weeks along, and glad to be entering the 2nd trimester. I haven't been too terribly sick, but moreso with this pregnancy than the previous 2. I'm ready for my energy levels to pick up again as well, but other than that, I can't complain. Sometimes I still have to pinch myself that we're going down this road for a 3rd time, but I have to keep reminding myself that Graham will be close to 2 at that point (21 months, to be exact), and that stage should be slightly easier than where we're at currently. Right?! (gulp).

Merry Christmas, everyone! Enjoy your time with family and friends, travel safe, and share pictures when you have them :)

11 comments:

the barretts said...

Yeah for #3! Hope you continue to feel better and better! Loved the card....

kelly said...

congrats to you and dave! and merry christmas to you... :)

the deKorne family said...

Congratulations to you!!!!! So exciting. The third was the easiest for us....I'm sure it will be a breeze! :) :) Adorable Christmas card..such a beautiful family! Thinking of you extra lately as we both have ICU anniversaries! Praise God for his grace to both of our families. Love to you, and congratulations!!

Matt and Abby said...

Congrats on #3!!

Christina said...

that is so exciting about #3! how fun!!
the christmas card is super cute :)

Ben and Erin said...

Congrats Courtney! How exciting! Your Christmas card is great. The boys are so cute. I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas! :)

Susano said...

Oh my goodness!! You are pregnant! That is so exciting! I'm so happy for you guys!! What a precious family you have. Have a Merry Christmas!

MP said...

Yay for a healthy Will this season!! congratulations again sweet friend!! love you!

The Moser Fam... said...

I thought I commented on this post...CONGRATULATIONS! Three babies...wahooo! I'm so happy for you guys!! Merry Christmas!

Abby said...

Gorgeous Christmas card, Court! My brother- and sister-in-law did the metallic paper, too. SO cool! And congrats on #3!! I'm sure s/he will be just as beautiful as Will and Graham :)

ProudMom said...

Ok, this is the post I must have missed!! :) ...and I meant that it seems like Graham was just born!! I'm so excited about the news! My 2&3 and my 3&4 are 21 months apart from each other. It's a piece of cake. :)