Saturday, October 22, 2011

Meet Me in St. Louis

Literally. Macy and I had a girls getaway last weekend. Dave offered to hold down the fort at home, so she and I could meet up with my family for the weekend. And as an added bonus, we stayed with our good friends, Josh & Nikki.

If you're wondering what brought us all to this meeting point, well, my grandfather fought in WWII, and he and my Nana have made countless trips throughout the years, all over the globe, to attend his Air Force reunions. They made the trek from Chicago, which was originally planned to be in Omaha. At first I was disappointed, thinking how nice it would've been to have them here, but I'm happy it worked out this way, so I could have the opportunity to spend some time with Josh and Nikki, too!




Josh & Nikki with their adorable kiddos...so fun to see your family in action!












I miss all my Taylor girls!!!




















We fit a lot in in a short amount of time, and I'm so happy it worked out for us to go. My parents drove up from Destin, along with my Aunt Cathy from Georgia, Uncle Dan from Chicago, and Uncle Bill from Michigan. My parents were thrilled to see Macy again, and it was Nana & Pop's first time meeting her, as well as my aunt and uncles. We had a lot of fun...so glad they all got to meet her! To top it off, Pop's birthday was last Friday...the very day they met Macy for the first time. What a special memory!

It made me so proud to be part of one of these reunions. I've heard them talk about them over the years, but I loved being able to experience it first-hand, and meet some of the other brave souls who fought for our country. I have a great deal of respect for our service men and women, and don't take lightly the sacrifices they and their families make for our freedom.




Nana & Pop's first time meeting their great grand daughter :)












Papaw & Gigi












The whole crew, minus my Uncle Jim...he would've loved to have been there. We miss him dearly, as we lost him to cancer a few years ago. Family get-togethers never feel the same without him.























We kept Macy up way passed her bedtime both nights, but she was such a trooper! She was beyond tired, but hung in there like a champ.










Don't my parents look great? If I age half as well as you guys do, I'll be thrilled!!






2 comments:

Totschies said...

Courtney - I love seeing pics of your family. So glad you share them with us. We miss you guys, love seeing how miss Macy is growing!
Kathleen

Christina said...

what a fun trip! dont you love getaways!!!