Thursday, February 26, 2009

Smoothie Fun

Last time we were visiting my family in Destin, we let Will try our favorite smoothie from Smoothie King, called Angel Food. He loved it (see photo)...how could you not, as it tastes much like the yummy cake?!













A funny bit of info...since one of the few things Will has tried through a straw up until this point is chocolate milk, he pretty much associates everything with a straw to be just that. The other day I got myself an iced coffee drink, and he was upset because I wouldn't let him have any ;-) I tell you this, because I thought if I bought him a cup with a straw, he would like the smoothie experience all the more. He must be picky about the type of straw, because he was not interested in my homemade smoothie (or it just didn't compare with Smoothie King)!

He does like playing with the cup, though, so all was not lost. Whenever he sees it he says, "mmmoooooo."

In my humble opinion, I thought the smoothie was really good - and that's coming from a person who's a really picky smoothie drinker as well!






































Here's the recipe if you want to give it a shot:
3/4 c. milk
1 cup frozen strawberries
1 ripe banana (I always freeze mine when making this smoothie), broken into pieces
1 6-8 ounce container vanilla yogurt
1 squirt of honey

Place all ingredients in blender; cover. Pulse on Ice Breaker (your setting might be called something different) 45 seconds or until desired consistency. Makes 24 ounces.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

MP said...

good idea! thanks for the recipe!!