Saturday, June 27, 2009

FirEwoRkS!!!

fA week from today we will be traveling to one of our favorite vacation spots...Park Rapids, MN. It's a 9-hour drive, so that part isn't the most exciting, but Will did a great job last year, so we're holding our breath for a repeat performance ;-) Since next Saturday is the 4th of July and we'll probably be exhausted by the time we arrive, we figured there's a good chance we won't get to see fireworks that night.

It just so happens that last night was Omaha's annual "Concert in the Park" to celebrate Independence Day. This park in which I'm referring to, I have mentioned several times in this blog. It's a beautiful preserve consisting of 65 acres of wide-open (and very hilly, I might add) spaces. Several bands kick off the evening with music, and the event ends with a firework display.

We were out of town for it last year, but were able to enjoy the fireworks portion with our good friends Jonathan & Desirae (and their 4-year old twin boys) last night. We opted to view them from a location a little further away because the parking is atrocious! Being that they don't start the fireworks until 10 p.m., we figured it was already a stretch, since Will is usually in bed before 8:00! He had a great time running around with his two buddies from church, Samuel & Joseph :)

Our photos didn't turn out the greatest since it was so dark, but they're still great for memories sake.













Will's eyeing those drinks thinking, "Man - those sure look better than the water my mom packed me!"













And even though I didn't have a tripod on hand, I still wanted to try to get a pic of the fireworks, so I tried my darndest to hold the camera steady. When it was all over, Will kept saying, "more! more!" He LOVED it!

No comments: