Friday, June 12, 2009

The Miracle Diaper Rash Cream...saving one bottom at a time.

I realize this is a very strange post, but this stuff has worked miracles on Will's little tush, so I thought I would share the "recipe." A friend of mine gave it to me, and it's been a lifesaver on multiple occasions...thought you all might benefit from it as well. It's far better than any prepackaged over-the-counter creams I've tried.

Mix equal parts Desitin Creamy & Lotrimin
Add a splash of Mylanta, then mix well.

I use a small butter tub to mix and store it in.

If you're curious what these different ingredients do, well, the Desitin is self-explainatory, but since diaper rash is essentially a fungus, the Lotrimin targets that. The Mylanta seems rather odd, but it actually helps cut down the acidity of the uh...well, the stuff that causes the rash in the first place :)

4 comments:

Christina said...

i have heard great things about that mix! i need to mix it up this fall. thanks again for the recipe.

the deKorne family said...

yes we have used that a bunch, too-it has to be the purple desitin-miracle worker! :)

Matt and Abby said...

I just wanted you to know that I just made this recipe tonight. Hannah has had a horrible rash for like 3 weeks. Is it bad that it took me this long to really do something about it? I'll let you know how it goes.

kelly said...

i just ran out to buy all this stuff for my joshy's poor little bum. i remembered this post and just searched for it -- so glad i found it, and really hoping it works for him. i should have read your previous comments, though, because i got the light blue desitin instead of purple. does it matter?? i'm desperate right now for him (bleeding, crying, just awful awful rash).