Friday, February 5, 2010

That Blasted Groundhog

He saw his darn shadow, hence we have another 6 weeks of winter...as if I expected anything different! I made reference to the fact that we've had record amounts of snowfall this winter, and the trend continues. I've lost track of our snow totals this season, but I would guess it's been upwards of 40+ inches, and we still have at least another month or two to go.

At least I have a toddler and 3-month old to help pass the time. Thanks to the cold & flu season, I've spent the last week wiping runny noses, bulb-syringing stuffy noses, pumping them full of saline spray, keeping the humidifiers running 24/7, and having Graham sleep upright on my chest throughout the night because he's been so congested - ugh - I loathe winter. Although, I must admit, the snowfall this morning was beautiful.



































43 days 'til Spring, but who's counting?? I've never been so ready to see green grass. If the snow doesn't melt before March 6th, at least we have a trip to Florida to look forward to. We finally rescheduled our trip to see my family...can't wait to board that plane and greet them in Destin - only 1 month away! It'll have been almost a year since I was there with Will, and Dave hasn't been since October of 2008, so we are WAY overdue! Can't wait to be with you, my wonderful family :) :) :) It'll be the first time my brothers meet Graham, so we're all looking forward to it.

In other news, I'm happy to report that Graham is officially out of the fussy baby phase and starting to get a little easier. Once he and Will are over their nasty cold/cough, my days should be a little smoother (err...hopefully).

We're in the thick of a bathroom remodel, so I've been running to and from my in-laws' house for naptime most days. The bathroom is situated smack between the boys' bedrooms and since they've been under-the-weather, I've wanted them to have quality naps, so it's been a blessing to have an alternative location to sleep. My mother-in-law has been a HUGE help during this process...thanks, Mom!!! On that note, little Graham is sleeping with her right now and I'm taking advantage of getting caught up on email and blogging!

Here's a snapshot of our last month in pictures (spending lots of time in the house, so it's a disaster):



No comments: