Saturday, February 5, 2011

Do the Humane Thing


Some of you might remember a post that I did a couple years ago when I took Will to our local Humane Society. He was probably around 18 months when I took him...he loved it, and we hadn't been back since. Graham loves animals as much as his brother, so I thought it would be fun to let him experience it, too.

As soon as we walked through the door, the boys spotted the cats. They ran over to the windows, and started talking to all of them.






































You never know what kind of animals they will have, but when we went yesterday, they had ferrets, and Graham was giggling so hard as he watched them scurry around in their cage. I wish I had a video of his giggle, because it was pretty much the cutest sound ever.








Graham playing peek-a-boo with the ferrets









They had several bunnies, a couple turtles, gerbils, rats (gross!), quite a few dogs, and lots and lots of cats. Thankfully our Humane Society is very clean and well-taken care of, so I didn't mind allowing the boys to run free and have fun playing with all the different animals. It was a great activity during these cooped-up days at home :)


















































4 comments:

Christina said...

such a great idea! but, i am not sure how you are able to go there and not want to take home an animal!

Courtney said...

LOL! I'm not tempted in the least! Hank (the pug we had for 3 years before Will came along) cured us for a loooooong time ;-)

The Moser Fam... said...

that really is a great idea! my kiddos would LOVE it! your little men are adorable, as always!

the deKorne family said...

so cute! you are such a good mom. :)