Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Seeing Life Through Rose-Colored Glasses

Or, if you prefer, PINK!!
It is a GIRL for Baby Perkins #3














We had our 20 week ultrasound yesterday afternoon, and were thankful to hear that our baby was growing and developing normally. Praise the Lord for the blessing of yet another healthy little miracle! We never take that for granted!

In the past, we have always found out the sex at the actual ultrasound; however, Dave had a great idea. Being Valentine's Day, he had already made reservations for us that evening, and thought it would be fun to have the ultrasound tech write down the results for us, seal it in an envelope, and then open it during our dinner. I loved the idea, and that's what we did. We also had the ultrasound tech snap a picture of the "proof," and include that in the envelope as well.

It made the moment that much more special being able to find out if our newest addition would be a boy or girl over dinner, rather than in a doctor's office...what a perfect Valentine's gift. The restaurant is fairly new to Omaha, and I think the only other one is located in Houston (Loft 610: http://www.loft610.com/omaha/gallery.htm)...how fun that we can take her there someday and show her where we found out she was going to be a girl :)

When we called our parents later that evening to tell them the news, my Dad said her middle name should be Valentine. I thought that was such a cute idea :)



I just love these little profile shots











11 comments:

ProudMom said...

I know how you felt/feel. :) But...we didn't find out beforehand. I had myself convinced that our #3 was a boy, so as to avoid disappointment...and when our little one arrived, and the Dr. said "It's a girl!", I was elated! :) Good job being creative and making the experience so fun!
Happy Valentine's Day and Congrats on your new little princess! :)

kelly said...

aww...congratulations to you! adding a little pink to an all-boy house will be oh so fun! :)

The Samsons said...

congrats!!!!!

Erin and Josh said...

Congratulations!! Girls are sooo awesome. and i love how you celebrated with the big reveal. :) you guys are too cute! and i have a feeling that dave will be quite smitten with his baby girl... ;)

the barretts said...

So.excited.for.you!!! Congrats Dave and Court!

The Moser Fam... said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Moser Fam... said...

YIPPPPEEE! I'm so excited for you to have a little girl! I LOVE having my girl between my two boys. Cars and trucks and boy things are so fun, but you will fall in love with baby dolls and tutus and all that pink stuff in no time! :) So thankful that she is healthy too!! Sounds like a wonderful valentine surprise! :)

Lindsey said...

Congratulations!! I'm so excited for y'all. What a great Valentine's Day gift; she is one blessed little girl!

Ben and Erin said...

Congrats Perkins family! That is such exciting news. Little girls are just wonderful and so fun to dress too. :) I'm thrilled for you!

BecMama said...

Woohoo, yay for girls! I was so hoping you would have some pink in your house! We pray she continues to grow strong. What a blessing! Congratulations friends!

becky said...

I am over the moon for you!!!! LOVE that Dave had the idea to make it even more special by finding out at dinner! How romantic!

You look amazing, btw!