Thursday, February 10, 2011

You've Got Mail

Anyone else ever make these when they were younger? Maybe it was just something me and my brother found entertaining, but we would create these "mailboxes" for our bedroom doors, and then drop each other notes and such in them. Don't ask me why we thought it was so fun, but we did (or, perhaps I did, and my brother was simply humoring me...yup, pretty sure that was probably the case).

Living in an older home has it's challenges at times, but it adds a lot of fun elements as well. For example, we don't have to make much of an effort to retrieve our mail, because it's delivered directly into our home via an old fashioned mail slot. Will has grown very fond of checking our mail slot everyday and handing us our mail.

Every once in a while, Will receives a letter or package in the mail, and when that happens he gets pretty excited. The other day I had the idea to have Will help me create a mailbox for him, similar to the ones my brother and I used to make. I didn't know how much Will would actually go for it, but he loved it. He checks his little mailbox periodically throughout the day, and when he discovers something in there with his name on it, his face beams :)

3 comments:

The Samsons said...

Great idea! Ava would loove this. She's all about writing cards, notes, etc. and this would save me lots of trip to the mailbox to fake mail something and then retrieve it later :)

the deKorne family said...

such a great idea! and, i want you to come decorate my house. yours is always pretty and clean!

Ben and Erin said...

This is such a cute idea. I'm sure Will loves it. Clare would like something like that too. :)