Wednesday, February 9, 2011

More Fun Around Here


Ya'll must think we never leave the house, based on my last several posts. Although that's not entirely true, it has been the case more than I typically prefer, due to the weather around here lately. Our high yesterday was 5 degrees, and when I left for Bible study yesterday morning with the boys in tow, it was -8. I hear we're supposed to get close to 50 degrees this weekend, though, which will practically make me want to break out the shorts and flip flops!

I wanted to allow Will & Graham some down time yesterday afternoon (actually, if I'm honest with myself, I really just wanted to sit and read), so I thought I'd pop in a video for them. The main area of the house where we spend a lot of time, tends to get quite chilly on these bitter cold days. That portion of the house was an addition, with lots of windows, and it doesn't seem to be insulated to the highest of standards. So, for a change of scenery, I fired up our portable DVD player and allowed them to watch it in Graham's room. I filled their snack bowls with popcorn, laid out a blanket on the floor, and propped some pillows behind them...they loved it! Even Graham managed to sit on his rear for as long as the popcorn lasted ;-)




nothing better than a grilled cheese on a cold day :)










Graham bringing me the laundry basket...asking me to give him a ride. How can I say no to such a cute face?!










Watching their video








We hosted our 4th annual Super Bowl party on Sunday, and had a smaller group this year, which was actually kind of nice for a change. Naturally, the guys were plopped on the couch glued to the game, while me and all the girls were at the table talking. As usual, there wasn't a shortage of food to stuff our faces with, and Will and Graham had a great time having everyone here. In the past we invited all to bring their kids, but the past couple years, we've opted for just the adults, as it just got to be too crazy due to the amount of little ones running around. All agreed they like it this way for a change of pace ;-)


















Who cares about the halftime show?! It was the perfect time to break out the dusty Nintendo!























Graham sportin' his Steelers gear!





























Food. Lots and lots of junk food.

3 comments:

The Moser Fam... said...

Your little munchkins look so cute sitting on the floor watching their movie. It's nice to have a little bit of down time to read and put your feet up every once in awhile, isn't it?!! :)

Erin and Josh said...

i love how you are being so creative with your indoor play amdist the cold weather. :) and love your house! looks so fabulous. and you and your family are precious. :) tell dave hello!

Christina said...

i dont know how you do deal with all the snow and little kids! i bet you are very creative!