Friday, December 19, 2008

Christmas in Chicago

Although we won't officially be spending Christmas with my side of the family this year, it helped to see some of them in Chicago last weekend. I'm a bit sheepish to admit that this was the first time for many of them to meet Will. We had good intentions to make it to Chicago a couple times this past year, but it just didn't work out with all the other travels we already had on the calendar. My mom and brother also flew in from Florida to join us.





Will "helping" me pack for our trip













My Uncle Dan and my not-so-little-anymore brother, Scott picked us up at the airport on Friday evening, then dropped us off at my Nana & Pop's. Will was a trooper - he usually goes to bed between 7-7:30, but we stretched him until 9 so he could hang out with us. The little guy didn't miss a beat! I don't know if it was because he was overly tired or what, but he was being quite the funny man that night. My Aunt Sonny also stopped by and gave Will an early Christmas gift - lots of fun books and a Curious George stuffed animal, which he found to be really funny because he kept laughing at it.






With Nana & Pop at their place :-)














Me & Pop...this is the wonderful man Will is named after :-)








Thankfully Will woke up a little later on Saturday morning to make up for those lost z's. After breakfast we packed up and headed off to my other Grandma's house. This was Will's first time meeting her, but he warmed up immediately (I think the fact that Grandma had 6 kids helped a little...she knows the kiddo department!).





Gigi, Will, Grandma, me & my bro Scott













Will enjoying all the pictures of himself on Grandma's refrigerator :-)































Will & Uncle Scott











When we returned to Nana & Pop's, a few more of the Thorns clan stopped by. We hung out there for a few more hours, then Dave, Scott and me headed downtown for dinner and to see Over the Rhine in concert (yea!). Fortunately we didn't have to twist any arms to line up a sitter (thanks, Mom!!). We soon discovered we can't do the late nights we used to. Following the opening act, Over the Rhine didn't even get onstage until 10 that night. They played until close to midnight, and then we had a 45-minute trek back. We were pretty tired the next day, but well worth it to see our favorite band again :-)







"Flying" with Uncle Dan





















Hanging out with cousin, Crystal








Sunday was fairly relaxed & low-key until we had to head to the airport. Somehow we managed to fit a lot into a short weekend without feeling to stressful. Hope to see you all again soon...we love you!!!





1 comment:

BecMama said...

I think Will kinda likes his Uncle Dan. He's got such a cute laugh!